Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 35 of Project 365~A fun Saturday~

Something fun the boys & I like to sometimes do is go to the thrift store & see what cool finds we can come home with. We pick up anything from cool toys, lego sets, movies, books etc.
Today the boys got $5 each from Granny & got to "shop" it lots of fun!!

Holden found this cool Fisher price fire station for $4.00.



The cool thing about this was that before we left Holden was putting together a Lego set that he had got from Christmas & it was causing him great frustration.
I was helping him a bit here & there but then he came to a point where he couldn;t find a peice he needed & must have dropped it on the floor somewhere & lost it.....so after lots of frustration & coaxing he finally agreed to put it away & we would come back to it later with "fresh eyes" (thry explaining THAT to a determined & frustrated 8 yr. old!!)
Anway, the set he bought at the thrift store had no instructions & was surely missing a couple peices but he LOVED putting it together. He made it the way HE wanted to & played with it for over an hour & a half before bed. He said to me after "Annie, there are peices missing & I don't even care! I can do whatever I want with it!!"
I was so glad that he picked this up & know that we will be doing this more often!







Here is Kaiden crashed out with daddy after a long day of fun....He doesn't often sleep with daddy so I think this pic. is adorable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment